January 14, 2012

Catching Snowflakes On My Tongue...

As I write this,  I'm looking through my living room window watching the snowflakes swirl about in the gray sky. 
Normally, this would elicit a groan from me but I feel I cannot begrudge Mother Nature a few flakes...  it IS January after all and we've had more than our fair share of unseasonably warm temperatures.

Catching snowflakes on your tongue is something we all did as kids,  but THIS kind of snowflake is much tastier.

A few years ago, I was trying to come up with an idea for a drink that tasted more like dessert than a cocktail.   I did, and it was dubbed "The Snowflake" but then...  marshmallow vodka came on the scene and I became obsessed with somehow incorporating this into the drink.  So, I've slightly modified it from it's original version and made it more of a cocktail.

So... with the mercury falling and colder temperatures setting in, it seems a fitting time to break out the shaker and start making a few drinks.

 Snowflake
  makes 1
  • 1 shot (Smirnoff) marshmallow vodka
  • 1 shot vanilla vodka
  • 1/3 shot Kahlua
  • pinch freshly grated nutmeg
  • cinnamon sugar (for rim)
  • crushed ice
  1. Wet the rim of the glass and dip in cinnamon sugar.
  2. Combine all other ingredients in shaker and shake vigorously.
  3. Pour & imbibe.


Be forewarned, this drink is high octane...  if you would like to mellow it out a touch, I suggest a splash of cream to give it more body and take the edge off a bit.
* if you are not a fan of Kahlua, Bailey's also works but will obviously change the taste of the drink.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment